OK a technical question.

I am new to streaming stuff on Apple TV but was curious at the stuttering I was seeing.

Did an interwebs speed test and it told me 65MB speed.

So that should be more than enough for smooth download.

Checked the Hulu site, for it was a movie on there I was watching, and it told me to try adding in the DNS server as 008.008.008.008.

I did that, and it instantly solved the stuttering problem.

I have no idea what that lot is all about, but does this mean that I might be able to speed up my normal browser speeds too? And if so, how?

Cheers.

you got me. But I'm having probs watching a movie thru apple tv as well.....its on my iTunes and works fine on the computer, but for some reason it doesn't stream to my tv....both are on the same network. The older movies I have on iTunes play fine, as does the music, its just this new one. Also it says an update is available but it doesn't complete the update

DNS (Domain Name System) is used because people like names, ie SnowJapan, PiesFatChicks, and computers like numbers ie 72.52.178.107 , 122.215.82.163. Image having to remember an IP address to find anything on the Internet. DNS servers are arranged in a hierarchical structure, your browser queries the DNS server at your ISP, if this server doesn't have the info needed, it sends the query upwards. The query goes upwards until a DNS server says yes, a server below me knows this info. Your query then goes down. Once the info comes back to you, your browser then talks directly to the website you have requested the page from. By changing the IP address of the DNS server to 008.008.008.008 rather than asking your ISPs DNS server you are asking the DNS server that "knows" about Hulu. Therefore the time to get the info needed is shortened. However I'm not sure why your Apple TV is trying to resolve Hulus IP address every time it wants a bit more of the video. Once it knows the IP address it shouldn't have to ask again in the same session, therefore changing the DNS server shouldn't make a speed difference.

Interesting.

It definitely seems to, I'm pretty sure I'm no imagining it. :) Will try again later.

I was wondering if there was a way to increase the speed of everything. I think I understand from above that that might be a no.

Speeding up everything by changing the IP of your DNS server might work, if you spent most of your time surfing UK pages. If you changed the DNS IP to one from UK the IPs of the sites you surf would be resolved a bit faster. Not sure if any speed gain would be worth it, or what DNS IP you could use.