When we come back from Nozawa in jan we are getting the Shinkansen back to Tokyo to spend 3 nights there.

We need to get from Tokyo station over to Courtyard Marriott in Ginza with a couple of bags in tow. I gather a cab wont be too expensive as it isn't a large distance so we might opt for that. I've been looking at lots of maps etc but I'm stuffed if I can find which side(s) of Tokyo station the cab rank is. :confused:

For those who are more local than me.... just where is the cab rank?

I reckon you'd possibly be better off getting it from the Yaesu side. There's still a ton of taxis.

Or else get a subway from Marunouchi station to Ginza and get a taxi from Ginza station to your hotel. Taxis in Tokyo can be quite expensive.

thanks all, I should be able to find a cab now.

I did think of getting the train to the station nearest the hotel (Higashiginza, about a 300m walk me thinks...) and then wheel the bags to the hotel but I'll probably just nab a cab. Wont have the skis as we are going to get them couriered back from Nozawa to the hotel. However if we send the big bags back with the little black kitty as well as the skis we might just train it a few stops to Ginza or just walk.

• 2 months later...

The northern marunouchi entrance is the main Taxis and bus drop and pick up. So when you get off you train at Tokyo station access your compass on your smart phone. The entrance is actual on the North east corner of Tokyo Station so keep that in mind when navigating the passage way in Tokyo station. I assume you will have snowboard or ski bags. Try sending them to Airport by Black Cat service. From Hakuba the cost last season was Y2800 (AUD $30) because carting these bag through the passage can be a piss off.

all done and dusted Biggen and we did exactly that - used the kuro neko.

when we came to tokyo back we sent 2 bags by black cat to our hotel in ginza (turned up next day) and send the double ski bag straight back to Narita for pick up 3 days later on the way home. The cost of all 3 bags was around Y5400 - saves a poo-load of hassle for a reasonable price.