Whats the deal? - anyone know whats going on with this boa boot tec? i need 'boot on' conveniencce,

its my b'day soon - I'm going to upgrade from my go-sen en loose as hell converse high top stylies to something better... (I read endezero's nov boot review - thanks endo!) does anyone have any complaints about boa?

cheers

Lx

I tried some on a while back and they're not perfect.

The biggest problem is that they're not locally adjustable - you can't just tighten the part over your ankle while keeping the top part looser if that's what you happen to want at the time. The Boa system tightens the boot equally in all places. A lot of comfort and performance results from tightening different parts of the boot, and you lose that ability with Boa.

I don't know how big a problem it is, but the bloke in the shop recommended locking down the dial when you take the boot off as the cables may get pulled off the spool otherwise, and it might be a hassle getting them back on again.

Finally, the Boa system is used on high end, stiff boots. The ones I tried on dug into my legs and feet in strange places and promised to be very painful.

As ender says (if I remember rightly), the Malamute has the best lacing system. Apparently the patent on this system expires next year, so more makers (all of them I hope) might be using it.

It looks like the Boa needs a bit more development before it becomes really practical, but it's an appealing idea.