Hi again guys

Travelling to Morioka on the Tohoku shikansen are you likely to pass within the exclusion zone, that has been set up for effects against radiation from Fukishima Daichi power station.

Regards

OOOPss ...........Well by that i meant not total exclusion ...but dont stay too long zone.....is it 20k's zone ...or the 50k's zone ...or the 80k's zone .........it must be close to one of them as it passes through Sendai i believe.

Actually it passes right through the compound. It stops for a good 2 hours to allow tourists to walk around and take pictures. If you see any flying bits of green goo....duck

Hi Guys..........Tubby no effing wonder you would come out with that KNOB comment...with 15868 posts you need to get a life..and go outside away from the terminal..............Absolute TOOL.

Oh thanks for the sensible stuff.

• Like 1

Ohh....boo hoo! I'm just crying into my pillow!!

Think about it.....would they continue to run a main train if there was a danger to passengers?

Schoolgirl error

samandfee, the Tohoku shinkansen passes only through towns were people are regularly living, outside the exclusion zone.

There are some areas on the train line in northern Tochigi, Fukushima, and southern Miyagi with radiation levels a bit elevated, but you'd get more exposure on the plane ride to Japan. I drive through those areas fairly regularly myself with no concern, for whatever that may be worth.