Recently my goggles keep getting fogged up very quickly, they are a few years old now so I guess any anti fog treatment they had on them is long gone. This happens more due to the vents getting frozen up by Japan's wonderful powder but its a real pain in the ass. Does anyone use any of the anti-fog treatments on their goggles? Are they effective? I don't wanna shell out on a new pair of goggles

Ya...I just get the antifog spray from the hardware store. Best thing though is spit. Just hork on you goggles and wipe them off on your shirt. Be sure to do it in a crowd for added gnarly effect. ;)

I've had fogging issues this season too. Are your goggles dual layer and are they fogging up on the inside or between the layers. If it's between the layers I don't think spray or spit will help stop them fogging up. I have had mine fogging up between the layers this season and bought a cheap pair from America that are so much better. Nothing worse then not being able to see all the lovely pow you are shredding.

On a serious note... When I used to play hockey (ice) I had this one kind of anti fogger that was really amazing on a visor which are horrible to keep from fogging even with most brands of antifog spray. I would love to get some again but there aren't any hockey shops around here anywhere.

Kansaiash, I just had to buy a new pair of goggles (last week) because I got one little edge of the inner glass that lifted and got a bit of moisture in there. It's impossible to get it out once formed even with a hair dryer. I ended up ripping the inner pane out and will try them as a single layer....maybe good for spring.

The hockey stuff is some industrial strength shit but I remember we used to use either shaving cream, dish soap or baby oil as well. They didn't work as well but not bad either. I still have my hockey gear down in the basement...I should take a look to see if I still have a some visor stuff in there.

Again, on a serious note.... spit doesn't work. It's not industrial enough to deal with the coating on the plastic. Glass....yes, plastic...nope.

I just wanted you to be spitting in your goggles. :lol:

I don't think anything works I had the same problem try to keep the ventialtion open go into the toilets and dry them with a hand dryer.

Try not to breath into them (Balaclava arond the nose stuffed mine up) know I leave my nose open so the moisture soesn't go into the goggles

I think the anti-fog treatments do work, but they're not very durable. The way that they work is by making the lens hydrophillic so that when the moisture condenses on there it forms a thin film which you can see through rather than tiny droplets which is what happens when they fog up. Problem is the hydrophillic anti-fog treatment quickly gets washed away by the moisture so you'll probably have to apply it quite often. Also, that thin film I mentioned can start to get a bit thick and then it starts to run and becomes difficult to see through.

I think best bet is just to stick an extra pair of old goggles in your pocket and if you get fogged up, swap them over.

Something else to think about - are you sure you're not getting a bit too hot? Too many layers and you're going to start getting a bit hot and sweaty (you might not really notice it much) which will make the fogging a lot worse. Try to wear the minimum possible without feeling too cold - I recommend some gnarly naked riding for maximum anti-heat, anti-fogging performance!

From my most recent purchase of goggles, they do not recommend wiping anything inside the lenses until they are fully dry, because the treatment that is on there (supposedly to reduce fogging) is so soft that wiping it, even with a lens cloth, will cause scratching, thus being worse by a factor of eleventy or so than the fog.