A while back there was a thread about Burton bindings breaking....well here is another story.

My friends burton binding snapped not once but twice! (the toothed strap) cleaned snapped off!

ruined his day in Niseko too \:\(

I snapped about four straps with my old Ride Prestons. Two were replacement straps (not Ride). About 100 days total use. Coincidently I noticed one was gone first day out last season near the bell at Hirafu. Last run of the day it was too, which is highest in terms of injury-risk.

So far with Burton MGT, no breakages after 30 days plus. Touch wood.

Many shops near the slopes sell replacements, which suggests it's a common problem. Since they don't sell mainly Burton straps or straps with "Burton OK" written on them in big letters, I wouldn't imagine that there's any particular problem with Burton. It just means lots of bindings are made to similar standards. Considering how much they cost, you would think they could do better \:\(

Yeh, i don't think it's a solely burton thing. I think there's been a general decline in binding quality, i mean there was a time when most ratchets were made out of metal and the straps were made of leather. Alas, that time has long gone tho...

Quote:
Originally posted by IM:
Are you talking about PSI/SI or regular strap type? I have been using PSI/SI for two years but never had any problems.
regular straps, the piece you feed into the ratchet. clean snapped in two like a piece of toffee