Hey guys a quick one to ask anyones opinion on Snow schools in Jp.

I used to work at an SAJ school in Kurohime, got spoilt actually, was tricked into thinking all schools in jp were great, that school rocked and still does, unfortunately the school im at at the moment is no so great.

Ski school director has due to poor leg angles ie +8 degrees on both legs has developed his own technique and is teaching it to everyone. Thats cool but now he's making me teach it. You wouldnt believe this style, u have to see it with your own eyes, it is in my experience the most ****ed up style I have everseen!

Most ski schools around the world have been teaching positive foot steering to turn a ski, or as sidecuts have gotten bigger, to edge and pressure the ski itll turn..

This moron is teaching to weight your uphill edge and steer with your hands!

Looks goofy as **** !

Anyone else had any funky lessons?

cheers

Ads

what the ****!!?? your hands?

glad im not you - can anyone really ski that way?

anyway, where did you do your training? Im NZSIA and foot steering is what our whole progression is based on. I heard that the japanese one is based on pressure, is that right?

I'v never had a lesson here but it would be good to see what a jp qualified person had to say about me (if only I could understand)

Hey Jared, Im NZSIA aswell, The SAJ have moved towards a Canadian/Austrian approach going on the theory that a ski doesnt need the turning or rotary movement anymore as sidecut does that for you. Remember in the old NZSIA manual about the Edge Pressure Turning thing? Well the guys have just knocked out the T part.

This guy that I work for has moved off in his own direction. The fact that he cant physically steer a ski like we can due to the fact that he's wickedly bow legged and skiis on his outside edges, has developed a style on his own.

You gotta see it man, its a laugh!

cheers

Ads

PS. Do you work in NZ in the jp summer?

Maby he's just got gorrila steeze goin on - watched too many jib flicks.

Im not working as a instructor at the mo - I teach english at night - the pays better and I get to ski fair bit (and I have a big student loan to pay).

Never worked at a resort in NZ but done the TC rookie course a couple of times before I passed - worked in Niseko a couple of years back.

what field you at in NZ?