So Ive now got to the point where I can get down the pipe and get up to the lip on the edge but I still suck and there arent many skiers for me to watch to find out what the hell I should be doing.

Anyone got any advice, how to get that jump in at the top and how to get to the next level? I have absolutely no idea what to do but I really like the pipe, sooo fun \:D

LOL db - good call

zwelgen - p -r - a - c - t - i - c - e. You just gotta get in there and do it...over and over and over. That is what I did all day long last weekend at Happo. There were plenty of skiers to watch. I think your problem is the pipe at Nozawa sucks (or at least the way it's set up with no lift).

I`m not expert pipe rider but riding up the tranny at 45 deg and coming back into it at 45 is what I`ve read/heard. Speed is the key to boosting out of the pipe too, no speed checking whilst riding it, ideally(easier to say than do.)Dunno `bout in Nozawa but the crew at Dynaland line up AT the beginning of the pipe as opposed to getting a run in before dropping in.Also when initially dropping in, ride the tranny from the side your dropping into right out. Extend your legs and milk the tranny for speed, don`t pop off the lip you`re dropping in from as you lose speed (and it hurts landing at the bottom of the pipe) Keep your upper body strong going into the wall too.That`s me,also check www.skiingmotion.com think they have a bit on catching air in the pipe. Good luck & have fun. We`ll have to catch up again and have a sesh.

Thanks for the USEFUL advice Ender and OUFS2. As for you db get back to work (but on second read I had a good laugh at how that post could be interpreted. So funny how things can be double edged). And Neks you are a wise sage