I have a 2011 Black Diamond Avalung 'outlaw' backpack. Last years mosel was part of the product recal on the Avalung products, but they had supposedly fixed the problem for this season's model. I haven't even used the pack yet, but already the hosing looks to be stressed from rubbing against the inner frame of the main compartment. Has anyone else bought an Avalung product this season? Anyone had any problems? I would be grateful for any feedback.

Neck.

Hey Neck,

I've had an Avalung since the prototype days and originally they were reinforced around the tubing house where the newer ones in colder temps would freeze and crack easier. Is it just discoloration in the tube? Are you able to blow into it and feel it come out the vent? That is what really matters. As long as that works you will be a-okay!

It is slightly discolored, but looks like it has been crushed a little around the area where the tobe enters the shoulder strap. I can't fully contract the tubing around these stressed areas. I can feel the CO2 from my breath at the rear vent, so I guess this means I am still in business for this season.

Thanks Mitch. Oh, and are you HCC Mitch by any chance?