Anyone here hiked shiribetsudake (1,000 meter peak next to Rusutsu)?

I am guessing in good weather there's not even really any need for a guide.

Looking at a relief map it appears the best way would be to take the west tiger pair up to the top of the West Mountain and strap those skins on your splitty and hike along the ridgeline towards the N / NE. It looks like about 400 meters of vertical and maybe 2-3 km.

As for the descent, is it best head back towards rusutsu down the gully skiers left of the ridgeline you come up? Or can you drop slightly more to skiers left straight towards, say, the golf course and when it flattens out strap the skins back on until you get to the golf course access road and then head out to the main road and walk back to the car park?

Any other pitfalls for route-finding on the way down? The fall line looks pretty even, except at the bottom where it's obviously quite flat.

Any other hints appreciated.

I've done it twice. It's a really fun peak but it gets pretty steep. If you haven't done it before I would say it would be okay if you have quite a bit of experience in the backcountry. On the wrong day it could definitely slide. I wouldn't worry about getting buried since it's hard for stuff in Japan to break that big, but if some of it carried you into a tree really fast it could leave you in a bad position.

With that said, the fall line is somewhat even but not exact. From the peak I would ski straight opposite from the side that faces Rusutsu. That side sees the least sun. has the best pitch, and is VERY interesting with terrain. It also conveniently goes to a farm which you can park at. I would charge up the gut from there and then break off onto the ridge that separates north and east parts of the mountain. I found that to be the easiest.