Is Nordic ski jumping something you can book a lesson in with a ski resort or tour company, or is it taught only through private organizations (sports clubs, high schools, and the like)?

I know that only a handful of people on this forum are interested in ski jumping, but even if you don't do ski jumping but have noticed advertising for lessons, that'd be good to know.

Andrew

Nordic and ski jumping are two different things. Nordic is more of cross country skiing and ski jumping is, well ski jumping.

These sports are not very easy to get into. Mainly because they are only really done by Olympic athletes and people wanting to go to the Olympics. If you fit the latter then Nagano will be the only option if at all. I'm pretty sure they won't take random lessons and it has to be part of a program. There are two places in the US Park City, Utah (where I live) and Lake Placid, NY.

If you want to jump it's better to do it on your own terms. There are lots of big park jumps out here or natural jumps in Japan. Much more fun, much easier to enjoy

That is a great question Andrew.

Can anyone jump on the smaller ski jumping hills that the kids use for training

And how do you go around jumping at the Olympic stadium in Hakuba.

More and more we are trying to promote Hakuba as a Alpine racing & Cross country skiing training destination for the clubs in NZ & OZ.

I will ask around and try to get an answer for you.

There are few training hills dotted around in Hokkaido, although I've no idea if they have programs for anyone to try/take a short course.

I did a week of skijump in France via the ESF when I was 11 or 12. But I agree with Mitch, natural airs and park jumps are much more fun!