Istanbul, Turkey - September 2011

Flew back to Tokyo with Turkish Airlines this summer, so stopped over in Istanbul for a couple of days. What a great, really interesting city!! Took hundreds of photos so here are 10 of the best, albeit taken with my battered, old, mobile phone camera! :)

Mick%20Rich_100.JPG

Mick%20Rich_101.JPG

Mick%20Rich_102.JPG

Mick%20Rich_103.JPG

Mick%20Rich_104.JPG

Mick%20Rich_105.JPG

Mick%20Rich_106.JPG

Mick%20Rich_107.JPG

Mick%20Rich_108.JPG

Mick%20Rich_109.JPG

there's a couple of good Turkish restaurants back home, all suitably staffed by swarthy-Turkish looking waiters, I asked one what the difference was between coffee and Turkish coffee (they had both on the menu), he looked pretty sheepish and said "I'll go find out".....not actually Turkish I see!! :lol:

Yeah, you just can't get the staff these days! ;)

Nice ones !

Mobile phone camera, huh, impressive ! The light and the shadows ...

My good ol' Sony Ericsson K800i phone with a HUGE 3.2 MP camera still does the trick though, to be fair, Istanbul is one of those places where any muppet could've have taken a good photo! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Nice Pics Mick... Snowboarding is a very old tradition in Turkiye and i would suggest you to try an ancient traditional snowboard(called as Uzme) if interested in different flavors of snowboarding... Jeremy Jones had chance and loved it. Check this video of Jeremy out...

• 3 weeks later...

That's a great vid - thanks for posting it boarderinblack and welcome to the site!! :thumbsup:

Btw, I've read that the Erciyes ski area is being developed by the Turkish government and that Doppelmayr have installed a gondola and five new chairlifts as an upgrade for the old drag lifts. Apparently the ultimate aim is to create the biggest ski region in Turkey with 160km of piste and 21 lifts!!! Sounds good!!

• 1 month later...