Morning all. Just wondered on any thoughts on Myoko. I am planning to spend 3 or 4 weeks there Jan/ Feb 2012. I prefer to stay at one area as I have found it gives me the chance to really learn the resort in all its moods plus get to know locals and local spots. As I understand Myoko is a great powder spot { and its off piste powder I am chasing ]and is made up of 4 primary areas . Is there any other resorts easy day trips away?

Any thoughts?

PS done the Hokkaido thing.

Thoughts on Myoko?

I haven't spent that much time there but, hard to explain, but it didn't excite me really.

But I am willing to try it more and I'll come over and say "hi" and you can show me around! wink

I like Myoko a lot. You'll definitely get to know the area really well in 3-4 weeks. There are also several easy day trips from Myoko to other resorts but all of them require a car. Madarao, Ryuoo Ski Park, Nozawa Onsen, Togakushi are a few good ones that spring to mind.

Only been once but I loved it. It didn't stop snowing for 3 days, the powder was unbelievable. Nearby, as BM says, there are a few few decent places to explore...Noz, Madarao, Ryoo, Togari Onsen (small but after a dump would definitely be a good day to explore without the crowds) and Shiga Kogen isn't TOO far away if you had your own transport

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Thoughts on Myoko?
I haven't spent that much time there but, hard to explain, but it didn't excite me really.

But I am willing to try it more and I'll come over and say "hi" and you can show me around! wink

I will definitely give you a call muikabochi and others.
Thanks all for your thoughts. I am back to it being a solo trip so I will be looking for some sliding buddies { I am a skier by the way but happy to head out with boarders as well[ even wait for you on the flats ].
At this stage I will be over there from about Jan 18th subject to change.