Anybody been up to Kurodake this season?

I plan on snowboarding Kurodake Thursday and Friday. I trust the place will be open for business those days? (they don't get a lot of traffic and I think they close for most of Jan/Feb). I'll then cross over to Asahidake and do another two days there.

Any info will be welcome. I plan on looking for a guide once I get there. I'm sure the hotel staff will be able to point me in the right direction.

Yep, Kurodake should be open, barring any strong winds, which can sometimes close things down.

I went up there back in early December, so no indication on what conditions will be like now. And yeah, the 3,600 will cover the ropeway and chair.

It should be good up there though. I went up to Asahidake a couple of weekends ago, and even with the warm and fairly dry weather in Hokkaido, there was a ton of snow.

MagSeven_7.jpg

I'll definitely be heading up to both mountains more towards the end of March and into April.

Went to Kurodake on 24 Feb and the ropeway was the only thing operating. Weather wasn't the best, but saw a set of tracks down under the ropeway.

Got my reservations, damn it I can't wait!

Had a Japanese speaker do my ferry reservations to move the car. The lady at the other end was freaking out because I didn't speak Japanese. Did she think I would try to drive my car up the passenger ramp? Usually you need to be there 30 minutes prior, she told us to be there hour an a half early. Sure...

There are some nice cheap hotels up there. Most places with two meals were under 9,000, room only starting at 5,800. If I like it I may do it again in April biggrin