Alas as my topic creeps down to the bottom of the front page, I am obliged to her to bring her back up. . .

Thanks for all of the props people, much appreciated. The Japanese folks whom I have talked to were also pretty stoked about the article.

To answer some questions:

zaccery - I can fit it all in, because I don't have a girlfriend. I want to find a girl who snowboards, but it's a little tricky when I wear an orange coat and a big dorky helmet. :p

Ocean11 - As for waves - I ride them two ways - The first way is fast - I try not to jump, just to stay on the ground - If I jump when wave riding fast, it's curtains, cuz I land on the incline for the next bump - not cool. The second way is just nice and slow, jumping off of each one - it is a GREAT way to practice all of those crazy grabs. or if you want, you can go 180 off of each roll, and try to get the different 180 spins worked out - frontside, backside, switch.

base40 - come up to Hakuba soon - or next month Yuzawa area, and we can ride. I am always into meeting new people.

NoFakie - I don't know about the superpipe - I really hope they do it though - not that I will be there to ride it much, but I say "Down With Moguls" There are enough moguls in Hakuba, that man-made sculpted courses hardly seems neccessary.

OUfreeski2 - no superpipe up here, but the halfpipe is great right now. That pipe at Dynaland was huge, but the slushy transition on the backside wall sucked up all of my momentum and killed my run. Plus I was sick as hell that day, so I really didn't get to figure it out. If you are ever in Lake Tahoe - Northstar's superpipe is as good and as big as anything I have ever ridden. . . Oh to live in California. . . cool.gif

RayInJapan - no web page - I want to find a good host for cheap, any suggestions anyone ? ? I think I need more pics and footage as well. Dane's site kicks ass, but I don't have the skills to do something like that.

Kambei - on the topic of rail damage - the damage is minimal - not really noticeable even. 50/50's (straight on and off the rail) won't wear on your board at all. I agree with Fattwins that your edges take a beating, the edges on my burton dragon are pretty chopped up now, and I have been boardsliding (90 degree angle from the rail) for only 5 or 6 days, and my edges are pretty shot to the point where I can't go fast in choppy conditions, where as I could before, but I say "Who Cares ?" as rails are much more interesting than choppy conditions.

I think I will focus my next write on rails - kind of a nice topic for the late springtime.

As A sidenote, two of the riders I profiled have injured themselves - Kousuke broke his elbow, but is still out there maintaining the park, on skiis no less, and Takuya broke his ankle - back home to Kyoto. So many of the people I have ridden with this year seem to have gotten hurt. I am always hearing stories about injuries. With a few more days of going big in the parks, I hope I'm not next. cool.gif

peace.

• 2 weeks later...