Depart Tokyo Sat 20th Feb – Return Sat 27th Feb 2010

Keen to travel at this dates, but it appears the Feb domestic flights are full - been quoted $800 by three different travel agents. Anyone know why February is particularly busy? Is it due to the “setsubun†on the 3rd and National Foundation Day on the 11th?

Also it appears ClubMed Sahoro nearly double their rates (i.e. peaks on 13th Feb and drops for 20th Feb).

The high domestic flight price tag is forcing me to think about Canada!

Yep... interesting... just checked that on JAL website.

The agent even carried on that she can only see 9 seats available at the $800 prices.. that had I booked earlier, maybe I could have secured the $150 fares?!

When I entered more recent dates, the prices were about 30,000 yen one way, which translates to about $800 OZ... so I guess she was only quoting the rack rates??

I need to look up the other airlines that you kind people had posted previously.

Anyone been to the Sahoro Resort last season?

It's appealing despite the price, because of my two under 6 year old - I know I can leave in the kids club, knowing that they will get lessons with English instructors while being entertained so that us parents don't have to rush back to their care/attention.

hmm... I need to work through the Resort reviews, perhaps there is another equivalent resort in Honshu ??

Alx,

Not sure if you saw my reply in the syd - tokyo - sapporo thread ?

The 13th - 20th Feb is Chinese New Year - prices go to peak season rates.

The dates your wanting to travel are weekend to weekend - always the first to book out.

There are 0 economy class seats left on Narita to Sapporo on 20th Feb, 19th or 22nd Feb has availability.

Didn't you want to stop in Tokyo first anyway ?

Why don't you fly with Qantas on the overnight flight, no problems with connecting flights that way.

Also your aware Niseko has kids clubs and english instructors yeah ?

Thanks acpowman ... then 5 - 11Feb is the snow festival ... means a bumper month for the local business at Sapporo no doubt!

My dates are now ..

31st Jan into Tokyo

3rd Feb to Sapporo

12th Feb back to Sydney

This is what I will try to lock down on Sat morning (as per other thread on flight choices).

Now... about Ski Resort - ClubMed will cost me, $6000 (7 night package) for 2 adult and 2 children. Kids club is the priority but more important is that the kids get ski lessons everyday. Do you know of another resort in Niseko that does something less than this price? - to include accommodation (fairly decent type), all meals, group ski lessons for adult and children for 6 days.

Only thing I need to organise there is ski equipment hire.