Okay...just had to share - I am feeling pretty thrilled right now.

This old mother of 4 started wakeboarding, as a method to keep my snowboard fitness up, a few weeks ago. We have been once or twice a week for the last few weeks (as there are at least 6 of us each time I never get a huge go)...but today I jumped the wake!

thumbsup

Not really 'hardcore', but even just on tuesday I said I am happy to just be upright - there is no way I will ever try to jump....and here I was doing toeside and heelside jumps!

Hurt my shoulder with a big stack in the end, but WHAT a THRILL!!!! I am so looking forward to seeing what I can do on the snow this season!

Thanks Rach thumbsup

It was a big thing for me. The snowboarding has improved heaps but actually getting airborne was something I never planned on doing - ever! Now I am rethinking...

We are very lucky - Perth has quite a lot of water ski area's and we have bought a fabulous boat for the purpose, so we can go anywhere we wish. We have used a popular spot on the river that is quite local (Deepwater Point) but it can be very busy down there, and a bit like raffertys rules.

There is an awesome Water Ski park in Baldivis (about 45 minutes/one hour from our home) with a number of purpose built ski lakes. We have been lucky enough to acquire a half lease on one of the lakes. The great thing about these lakes is it is ONE boat using the lake at a time (great for reducing unwanted wash/wakes) and brilliant for safety. And if there is more than one boat on the lake they all have to take turns (3 passes or 15 minutes) then the next boat goes. So far we have only ever had one other boat on the lake at the same time as we have been there.

Picnic tables, BBQ, toilets, shade area's and lawn area's (not to mention you park right there on the grass - makes for a perfect day out.

I was also impressed with my two of my boys who managed to get going on the "wake skate" this week - which is kinda like noboarding I would think.... Not strapped in, so the start is a bit tricky, but they got it! When they got back on the wakeboard they both felt thier form had improved because they HAD to ride better when they were not strapped in on the skate.

Most impressive was the kids who mastered it were #2(15yr old) and #4 (9yrs old).