Hi all,

I was just doing some general reading before and discovered that where we are staying (The Wind Jacket Lodge) is located nearest to Happo-One. I wandered over to the resort reviews and read that Happo-One is Skier friendly...much more so than Snow Boarding.

Now this does not overly concern me as I am a beginner however some of my party are not. Having never been to Japan before I can't really suggest which of the surrounding resorts are better for boarding. We have a 10 day 7 parks pass (or what ever it's called).

I don't exactly plan on staying as a beginner for very long either (I'm fairly good at board sports...or rather have been so far, I'm hoping Snowboarding is not the exception) and would thus like somewhere board focussed.

Any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated. If it matters we will be there from the 21st of February to the 9th of March, 2009.

Regards,

- Matt

Yes Happo does have that reputation of being more skier friendly more so than boarder friendly.

Last year Happo opened a board only park though i beleive this year it will be open to skiers as well. Happos Sakka area is a good area to spend a day learning to ski or board with a wide gentle slope.

With a 7 resort pass then you will have to time to sample the delights of at least 5 of the resorts in Hakuba (Minegata and Highland are way too small).

47 is highly rated by boarders for inbound boarding, and has an excellent park and combined with Goryu - makes a great day.

Plenty of jumps can also be had at Iwatake.

You will have trouble getting to other resorts from where Wind Jacket is located. I would recommend staying closer to the Tokyu in Wadano if that is where you want to be, otherwise Echoland as these are much more accessable to the other resorts including, 47, Goryu, Iwatake.

I think Happo will keep you interested all right. Especially if you are a beginer/intermedeate.

It's a big big hill will lots of options. I've been snow boarding for 16 years+(that doesn't mean I'm any good) and it was enough to keep me interested this year. I was on it 14 days straight didn't get bored.

I did have trouble finding some decent tree runs though.

Originally Posted By: Mantas
I think Happo will keep you interested all right. Especially if you are a beginer/intermedeate.
It's a big big hill will lots of options. I've been snow boarding for 16 years+(that doesn't mean I'm any good) and it was enough to keep me interested this year. I was on it 14 days straight didn't get bored.

I did have trouble finding some decent tree runs though.

Mantas...14 days straight. veryshocked...didnt board any other areas while you were in Hakuba?