Hi,

I'm very confused. I have been doing some research into ski resorts in Japan as I'm hopefully going over there in a couple of months for a year or so.

Anyway I'm confused about the size of ski resorts in japan. For example I emailed shiga kogen and they have told me there resort is 400ha, TR Reid's book also says Shiga is 400ha. everywhere I read raves about the massive size of shiga, twice the size of vail(which is evidently 2140hectares)..... 400 hectares seems small to me. However twice the size of vail (4280ha) seems massive, so why is everywhere saying shiga is 400ha? and if it actually is 4000ha, does that mean I multiply the sizes in TR Reids book by 10?

Thanks

RockyV

Good question.

I don't know the stats, but Shiga is huge. I don't think it is twice the size of Vail, nor do I think it is 400 hectares. I saw yer other post, and it seems that TR's book might have some misleading data in it.

Best to gague how big these resorts are based on the number of runs and lifts rather than hectares, or whatever.

By the way, if you go to Japan for a long time, Go everywhere, if you are there for a short time, don't waste it at Happo, unless you ski.

• 2 weeks later...