Thanks, supermario, that link just throws up a server error. No use at all! The other links that the search leads to are not active exchange sites, just a promo fopr the UAEExchange. No links to an actual exchange option.

Truly, I just want to get a quote for AUD --> JPY so far, my options are Amex and Travelex, with Amex winning. UAE mught be good, but if you cannot access them by web, they are useless - Not making a 4 hour trip to Sydney to do counter exchanges, cheaper to pay the Travelex fees! wink

From reading this I'm simply going to take some cash with me (say the converted equivalent of AU$1000) and then maybe AU$2000 on a travelex card, and get the cash off it from a post office when needed.

I can get the cash commisssion free and the Travelex card nearly commission free so it makes sense in my head (I work at the Brisbane airport so we get discounts wink ). Even though the travelex card suffers from the same exchange rate problem as traveller's checks they are at least easier to use and have a little bit more protection to them.

I could be completely wrong of course!

Matt, whatever works for you.

As I live a long way from the airports I fly out from (either Sydney, Bris or GoldCoast) I have to be certain I have the cash to carry with me before I leave.

I prefer to use Amex because of the fixed fee (as opposed to the percentage fee that Travelex charge, and the lower rate they give through their agents - which I have to use because they will not deliver to other than their agents) and they deliver to Post Offices.

Bad news for people wanting to buy Yen - its gone up even more today - up almost 5% against the pound in just a few hours - the pound dropped a bit against other currency's but not by 5% - must be the yen going up - I wonder how much more this can continue???

Yeah, it went to a low a few weeks ago, dropping to 137.6 at one point, but went up a touch and was hovering about 146 for the past week (you'd prob get 150 at post office). Just gone down to 140 today. Im hoping it goes to 110!!!!