Hi i have a question! i have been planing to go to niigata the 26th to snowboard because i have heard the naeba slope will open the 22nd this month. But right now i looked at the homepage and saw there will only be a man made short slope so got a bit sad. So i was wondering is there any slope in niigata that will be open around the 26th ? Like a real mountain or something like that not only man made?

Hope to hear from you soon!

• SnowJapan Admin

It depends Liveintokyo. Kagura plans to open on the 22nd and while right now there is no snow, snow is due today into tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to open. Just do not know for sure now.

Keep your eye on our Yuzawa Now and Naeba Now reports which will be updated daily from now...

groovy

Kagura will open on the same day as Naeba (During the season these 2 resorts are linked) but its debatable whether there will be any snow. Why do you want to go so early? Keep an eye on the snow reports but Kagura is the biggest hill in the area and gets the best snow so if there ain't snow there then there won't be snow anywhere near (probably). Wait a couple of weeks until the snow truly arrives thumbsup

If there is snow then it will open as much of the mountain that the snow covers. Tsonda posted pictures from opening day last year in another thread, I forget which one, and there was plenty snow around

• SnowJapan Admin

Here is our webcam from the office - that will update every 5 minutes during daytime. It is heavy rain right now in the town.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/webcam/niigata/yuzawa-town-webcam.html

We will be updating the Yuzawa Now and Naeba Now pages regularly from now on.

• SnowJapan Admin

You're welcome.

wave

BTW, we will be having the forecasts and resort snow depths data on each of our resort pages - similar to how we have had in previous years, but with a few changes planned. More on that a bit later....