Experience with pre-orders

A few times in the last few months I have pre-ordered some (import items) at japan amazon or hmv that had a release date - say 12th October.

When I ordered it gave me the "estimated shipping date of 12th October". All's ok.

But then when it gets to 12th October, check the product page and it says something like 1-2 weeks to send (presumably from overseas), and if I leave it get a mail from them saying sorry there is a delay.

I'm sure once or twice they have got stock on the release date, but in the case they don't plan to surely they could/should have that on the product page (and order page) rather than give the impression it will be sent out on release date. Quite annoying to be honest.

Anyone else experience this?

It seems you don't understand.

The product was released. But suddenly instead of being sent on the release date as promised when ordered, it suddenly is going to take a few weeks. So it is misleading. That's all.

friend

Ah yes that can be annoying it has happended to me once as well. Here was me thinking it would be sent out today (the release date) only for them to suddenly turn round and say oops, sorry it'll be 3-5 weeks. I just waited for it, was hardly the end of the world.

They should sort that out though it is misleading.