Hi all, this is my first post here as I'm looking into the logistics of a trip to Japan for 1 or 2 months from Jan 09.

I'm looking at heading to Hakuba for a few weeks before heading off to explore other areas... ofcourse if conditions are preferable in other parts of the country I'll be happy to move around.

I'm planning to get some BK training at Evergreen as I've loved going offpiste in the past, but feel like its time to do it with a bit more safety in mind! How long do you think I can be kept entertained in the Hakuba area?

As I'm planning a long trip, budgeting is a major issue. I've found a good deal at Hakuba Powder lodge where you can stay for a month for 60k yen. This seems very cheap... can anyone suggest any other options? ie staying with locals, sharing apartment with seasonal workers, etc?

What are the options for season passes in the area? I tried to decipher the websites but couldn't make head nor tail of the japanese tarrif pages.

Can't believe how cheap it is to get to Japan from the UK at the moment... £430 return! ... joy!

Hello reform, i'm going to be heading over there myself in January,

i'm probably going to head up to Niseko first for a few weeks, see how i get on then head down to Hakuba. I've got a 6 month sabbatical from work so i'll be over there as long as my cash lasts me.

Sorry not alot of useful information from me, i'll hopefully be on the ball soon.