Koreans screaming hatred and abuse, and claiming part of Japan. Again thumbsdown

Whenever South Korea has any kind of political crisis, the government unifies the country by playing the race card. This is now twice in two weeks. Bugger off.

"Q.E.D. is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" (literally, "that which was to be demonstrated"). The phrase is written in its abbreviated form at the end of a mathematical proof or philosophical argument, to signify that the last statement deduced was the one to be demonstrated, so the proof is complete."

Japan`s neighbours play the race card whenever they want to distract attention from internal difficulties. Some people have difficulty recognising the difference between a dictatorship and a liberal democracy. Those with short memories will have forgotten the 1970s and the hundreds shot dead by order of the Korean dictatorship. It is much more convenient to cast back for an historical grievance.

thursday, I lived with a Fragrant Islander for long enough to learn about Britain`s evil legacy of corruption and exploitation. Both of you prefer the option of a western passport. QED

Google "Kwangju incident"

This is what you get.

South Korean university students occupied the United States Information Service Building in Seoul for four days this May, demanding a U.S. apology for its alleged complicity in what is known as the "Kwangju incident" of May 1980. The Kwangju incident was in fact-a major civil uprising in the Republic of Korea (ROK) that resulted in the death of 191 Koreans.

Supression of information anyone? The Korean government ordered troops to fire on demonstrators. Officially, 191 people were shot dead by their own military. This slight incident conveniently slips by because -> look over there, it`s Japan`s fault ->

Note that Koreans blame someone else (the US).

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
"Q.E.D. is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" (literally, "that which was to be demonstrated"). The phrase is written in its abbreviated form at the end of a mathematical proof or philosophical argument, to signify that the last statement deduced was the one to be demonstrated, so the proof is complete."

Japan`s neighbours play the race card whenever they want to distract attention from internal difficulties. Some people have difficulty recognising the difference between a dictatorship and a liberal democracy. Those with short memories will have forgotten the 1970s and the hundreds shot dead by order of the Korean dictatorship. It is much more convenient to cast back for an historical grievance.

thursday, I lived with a Fragrant Islander for long enough to learn about Britain`s evil legacy of corruption and exploitation. Both of you prefer the option of a western passport. QED

I know what QED means. You missed my joke.

Me, dunno about evil bitch, will ditch the EU passport as soon as the House of Lords passes the overseas taxation law. Which aint gonna happen anytime soon.

I correct myself. I also have the SAR passport which is a lot different to the PRoC passport. But not much.
Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Why can`t Korea grow up? thumbsdown

The Korean peninsula has historically been constantly overrun and invaded by various parties, and as such, the indigenous population has developed a long standing persecution complex resulting in:

1) blaming others for their ills (Tsushima, USA beef and BSE, etc.)

2) claiming that they invented everything, but someone else ripped them off (tae kwon do, etc.)

It's always great when there is some staged protest (usually involving university students) when people wail inconsolably and cut their own arms with razor blades as a sign of anguish.

They will never grow up!

All we can do is ignore them. I for one would love to see the JMSDF go and utterly lay waste to the occupying Korean contingent on tsushima, regardless of the later repercussions - it would just be good to see the South Korean government get put in its place for once.

It's always great when the South complains about something happening in the North up until either the "West" or Japan agrees and issues a similar edict, then all of a sudden, the North and South are brothers and the West/Japan is evil and is persecuting the Korean people and staged street demonstrations insue.

Recipie: just add criticism to create unmanageable piles of Korean Nationalism.