Hi veterans,

I'd like to ask a question about season pass. Not the ski-area specific season passes. More like the season pass school kids can buy from the municipal offices to use at any ski-stations in that municipal. From what I basically gather, it costs around JPY18000++. Furthermore, the parents of these children can also buy the same pass. I am not sure about this, heard from a friend.

If the above information is correct, my question is:

Do they sell seasons passes like that for university students?

By the way, I'm from MinamiUonuma, Niigata. The above 'seasonpass' might just be specific to my municipal though. I'm a beginner and fell in love with snowboarding but its getting too costly to go everytime. Would love to find out how to minimize costs (at the same time not limit myself to just one ski-area)

Sorry if there is information about this but I tried searching and did not find any here.

Thanks!!

• SnowJapan Admin

Different towns and regions have different policies on this.

In the case of Minamiuonuma, I believe that children at school can buy a season pass for the whole of Minamiuonuma city area. Parents can also get one, but it is more expensive than the childrens. I would ask the town office or tourism board there. As far as I am aware, there isn't anything for university students - if you are at kokusai daigaku over in Urasa, I'd just go and ask the office about it.