Another campus shooting

This time at the university my cousin is going to.

Quote:
Students ran for their lives today when a man armed with a shotgun opened fire at Northern Illinois University outside Chicago. Seventeen people were wounded, three critically, authorities say. The gunman is dead, and the campus is secure, officials say

crikey - just read it on bbc news.

I know that part of the American consitution allows people to bear arms but surely now - what with these two shootings in the past two years - they will do something.

It's strange how the universities always get hit by students or their ex-students.

turns out - it's the fourth shooting at a school within a week

Originally Posted By: RobBright

You are kidding aren't you?

That is incomprehensible!

I can not see the 'right to bear arms' being repealled in the US. The nation is built upon the foundation of freedom. Freedom of choice, freedom of speech, freedom of self expression, freedom to hunt and kill bambi, and freedom for teenage kids going through a tough time while suffering from food borne chemical toxicity that generates _____ rage to acquire a firearm and shoot a whole bunch of people as if they were the character in a video game. (insert type of rage here - eg: Road Rage).
 Originally Posted By: RobBright
crikey - just read it on bbc news.

I know that part of the American consitution allows people to bear arms but surely now - what with these two shootings in the past two years - they will do something.

It's strange how the universities always get hit by students or their ex-students.

you wud think so, but the US Govt, if they are for change, are too frightened of the NRA to do anything pro-active, and if you think about it, what would they do? There are that many guns in circulation in America, if they were outlawed they would just be sold onto criminal gangs etc and nothing is solved. Its a tough one for the US administration to figure out. I'm just glad I don't live there!