Planning to ski Hakkoda and Asahidake, Where to stay?

Hey Guys,

So we're in Japan now, heading out to Hakuba tomorrow, we both super excited about getting back out on our skis!!!!

So we were just working on the idea to ski Hakkoda and Asahidake, looking at accommodation, Aomori looks like the best place to stay to ski Hakkoda, does anyone have any suggestions of good places to stay, hostels would be best since it's cool to meet people but hotels would be good to!!!

As for Asahidake, Asahikawa has got to be the place to stay, though it sounds like there aren't any hostels there either?? Any one got any suggestions on whats good?

We've had a good search but haven't really come up with much.

Anyway, any help you guys would be awesome, definitely deserving of a beer if we're in a town near you.

Later Guys

Mike & Jo

There are several hotels and pensions near the gondola base at Asahidake. I took a look here in the "Accomodation" section at the top, but there were no listings for that area. Just do a search on "Asahidake" and you'll find something (I found a few, but not in English).

I stayed at a small pension across the street from the gondola. I don't recall exactly what the price was, but I remember thinking that the food alone was worth the price. The owner was a really cool dude.