Snow Monkey in Nagano - good side trip option

Besides skiing in Nagano, I would also highly recommend to spend a side trip to visit the snow monkey hot spring park. There you will find a hot spring exclusively enjoyed by the snow monkey! Especially nice if you would like to plan for something special for your kids!

2137080597_71fc83dfdb.jpg

you will have a good trip as long as you dont take his Ebisu away from him...BP tried and look what happened!!

2137079597_82da6ac7fa.jpg

I told him Id give him free bananas if he came out of the onsen but he didnt budge...dont think monkeys in japan like bananas so much (rach )

they do not have bananas in japan...

They do kokodoko. Monkeys really like bananas. They have their own trees (not shown in the webcam image)

\:\)

My mum is coming over in March and we are going. I'll be taking an SJ sign and will let you know when we are there so you can spot us on the webcam!

Don't post here but if anyone has stayed at any mum-friendly ryokans with nice family onsens (not just the tiny indoor bath) could you PM me? I really want her to have the onsen experience with all the snow outside but being British and 60 she's not too keen on getting naked with strangers!