Ok, there are decent enough sized coin lockers, cant recall seeing ones that big, but there you go.

triptaka, I hear you arriving at Escal on the night bus at a ridculous hour and then just sitting there twiddling your thumbs is ultra tedious.

Some pensions have a storeroom you can dump your stuff without actually checking in, find out if tabitabi does that, they may do but maybe from a certain time only like 8-9am.

Originally Posted By: SG
Ok, there are decent enough sized coin lockers, cant recall seeing ones that big, but there you go.
triptaka, I hear you arriving at Escal on the night bus at a ridculous hour and then just sitting there twiddling your thumbs is ultra tedious.
Some pensions have a storeroom you can dump your stuff without actually checking in, find out if tabitabi does that, they may do but maybe from a certain time only like 8-9am.

-- I'm arriving around 6:30 so probably enough time for breakfast and get into my gear. TT wants money for an early check-in. Also, I don't really to bother them at that time of the morning.

Dunno when they start with this, but they sometimes open the bottom lifts really early esp on weekends in peak season.... good for a bit of a warm up. Not sure what time exactly, but I have ridden from about 7am.

Incidentally there is a huge sleep room below the locker room too.... that normally opens from around christmas though - think it was about 1500yen, but beats sleeping in your car, provided there aren't too many snorers. Makes for a cheap warm stay If you are just gonna do a day....

Originally Posted By: gogalago
Dunno when they start with this, but they sometimes open the bottom lifts really early esp on weekends in peak season.... good for a bit of a warm up. Not sure what time exactly, but I have ridden from about 7am.

Incidentally there is a huge sleep room below the locker room too.... that normally opens from around christmas though - think it was about 1500yen, but beats sleeping in your car, provided there aren't too many snorers. Makes for a cheap warm stay If you are just gonna do a day....

I'll be arriving next Monday morning. The sleep room sounds cool. A good cup of coffee would probably be good after a night on a bus. Wouldn't imagine the coffee's too flash at EP and probably a rip off.

Think you are pretty much limited to vending machine can coffee for 150yen a pop.

btw the sleep room (bed and no bed types) are the first two pictures on that link I posted before. only opens from 21 Dec - actually 1000yen for the floor version and 2000 for the crowded hospital type action.

Will be up there from tomorrow for the next 110days myself(but not sleeping in escal heheh).

S=T=O=K=E=D

Originally Posted By: gogalago
Think you are pretty much limited to vending machine can coffee for 150yen a pop.

btw the sleep room (bed and no bed types) are the first two pictures on that link I posted before. only opens from 21 Dec - actually 1000yen for the floor version and 2000 for the crowded hospital type action.

Will be up there from tomorrow for the next 110days myself(but not sleeping in escal heheh).

S=T=O=K=E=D

I can't stomach Japanese canned coffee. That stuff should be outlawed. I'd even choose a Thai coffee over the sweet, sickly evilness of a Boss.

110 days. Ah... the life of the leisure classes. Hopefully, this lodge is decent. The photos look pretty good.

The drinks machines across the road from Escal are 120 yen, fwiw.

I think one of them is for Cheerio who give you 500ml for the same price. Its the company that used to make "Desert Storm".

desert3.gif