How can I get from Karuizawa to Yakebitaiyama, Nagano? I will stay at Karuizawa and want to go Yakebitaiyama for skiing, but I don't know how to get there from Karuizawa, would like to have some recommendation? Thanks. How do you feel of Yakebitaiyama in Dec?

Not too convenient in winter when the road is blocked off, you're on the other side of the mountain there. You would have to go right round if I am correct which is a fair journey.

if you're not going by car, take the local train( or the shink if u've got money to burn) to Nagano city. Then go out of the main exit, there is a line of bus stops right in front. Most of those go to hakuba but i think one of them goes to Shigakogen where Yakibitaiyama is located. You have to go across the street to buy the tickets.

If you're driving, take route 18 (or the jyoushin expressway if u got the cash) to nagano city, then onto nakano(i think! sorry, I7m not much help) and from there just follow the signs. The road up to shiga is a windy, slippery one and thus not much fun to drive down on the way back.

Might be an idea to call the tourist info centre located in the train station in nagano city - they might be a more reliable source of info than my memory. also if u don't know which bus to catch, those guys will help u out too. This should be the number:

026-224-5042

hope that helps a bit. have a good one = )