Originally Posted By: me jane
Is anyone watching the Richard Branson search for a new CEO for Virgin? It's on Fox at 1am Tuesdays (Monday nights). The contestants have to do some extreme challenges and if they chicken out or fail, they are eliminated. So far they've done stuff like cross between two hot air baloons on a narrow beam, climb up to the top of the balloon on a rope ladder mid flight and jump out over Victoria falls (attached to a bungee) with another tean mate suspended a few feet out attempting to catch them before they fall. RB threw a spanner in the works last night though by eleminating the guy who was willing to go through with the challenge, with the logic that in business the risk must be calculated and that if he had gone through with that particular one (being strapped in a metal drum, hoised up by a crane and being dropped over Victoria falls) he would have died.
Personally I wouldn't have done the bungee jump. It's just never seemed safe to me: the blind faith in a rope but more the forces that the fall excerts on your body.

Edit:
I didn't think this thread would turn out like this. That's why I started a new one as the Steve Irwin thread seemed to be going around in circles. My point was that we all take risks, and shouldn't necessarily judge others. I was imagining that it would end up with people discussing what is and isn't an acceptable risk for them. Guess I didn't put it too well at the beginning ;\)

Is that a new series? They did that a few years ago, can't remember if it was before the Apprentice or not