Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
How is the surf in Tanegashima? \:D

World Class ;\) that's one of the reasons we go there

Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot
Doesn't Denmark have snow? or just really cold women?

Denmark occasionally gets snow to cover our great mountains, the highest towering 162 meter above sea level \:\)
the women... nice \:\)
 Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Mons Klint (sp?) I've been there.

Sou, i'm impressed with your knowledge... but møns klint is not quite the highest point.

Mons-Klint.jpg

this winters massive rain has caused some big slides by the way
ole_bang_camping_moens_klint.jpg

This awesome mountain (Yding skovhøj) is the highest, One Hundred And Sixty Two Meters!!!;) it gets about 20 cm of snow pr decade
yding.jpg

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
How expensive is it to access the mountains in Sweden or Norway? Just a short hop over the water eh?

From Copenhagen you can reach "Fujiten quality" resorts in 3 hours by car in Sweeden. if you want better snow you have to go quite far up north. Sweeden don't have very big mountains in general.

Norway is a 12 hour drive thru sweeden or overnight ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo.
Gasoline is about 200 yen/L and the ferry is also very expensive. Norway is one of the most expensive countries in the world.

A cheap alternative is Poland. they get decent snow and have some ok mountains (so i am told) but last thing i heard is that the resorts lack infrastructure.

most danes go to the Alps by bus or airplane.

Snowlife is nice in japan. i could get 30+ days pr season on a small salary. Just need a old car, some gear and a warm sleeping bag.

yeah i guess, the German alps are easily accessed eh...well I guess all the alps are easy access.

how long would it take for you to drive the length of Germany to get to the mountains?

guess 15-20 hours could get me south of Munich.

i have a secret plan to go to Norway with my friend when we return from Nepal, but don't tell my wife, she is expecting us to go straight back to Japan ;\)

Originally Posted By: Thunderpants
Uhh nice link there Tsonda, nice knowing when going to red light district...:)

Next time please invite me too. smile.gif

We are going to Ogasawara (Bonin) Islands aka Chichijima/Hahajima next month.

If you are interestead, there is a nice 3day party @ Fuji san in September.
 Originally Posted By: tsondaboy

We are going to Ogasawara (Bonin) Islands aka Chichijima/Hahajima next month.

If you are interestead, there is a nice 3day party @ Fuji san in September.

Uhh nice islands i hear... good for you

In September we are in denmark, (we are leaving in 2 weeks) and getting ready for 2 months of india and nepal.

but first... AMSTERDAM
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to take this opportunity to say, once more, I HATE HEATHROW. What a nasty, nasty place it is.