ok, so my wife has been bugging me to get her an mp3 player for the gym. I had a long look at the ipods but they didn't do it for me. No screen on the shuffle?? so I came across the creative zen v plus 1gb for around 12000 yen or the zen nano 512mb for half that.

Any complaints about these players?

I might still go to the recycle shop and look at the noname russian/korean brands :p

I would strongly recommend you to go for either ZEN or iriver.

Both me and my girlfriend have the ipod nano and both of us have used the guarantee!

I have changed it twice in a year. Its the thing that competes my Burton P1 binding in failing. The score is a tie at the moment 3-3 (times guaranteed) :p

I am waiting for it to brake down again to go for a ZEN. Friends that have it have only good words to say about it.

Check this site for some good offers for all the mp3 players in the market.

http://kakaku.com/sku/pricemenu/mp3.htm

Well, I have a Zen and really like it - I'd go for that if I was out buying again for sure. I've heard more than a few stories about ipods long term unreliability and the people I know who went Zen are all happy.

Zen is also a cool name.

Apples are fruit.

I have the 2005 P1 carbons but can’t say I am happy with them, although I like their color and cap strap. The part that you adjust the tilt of the high pack came off after 3 days riding, a friend that has the 2006 model said that the same thing happened to him.

The straps that hold the cap strap on the binding frame failed twice, once last season and once last week.

I will probably change them next season, but still haven’t decided what I will go for.

By the way P1 are pretty stiff, wont you prefer a softer model for jibing?

Tsonda, I ride the whole mountain - not just a jibber. After looking at the P1's - I decided I didn't like how the highback snaps into the main part of the binding. I'm going for the Cartels...I have the missions now and i'm quite happy, but wanted to try something different. I'll be riding on them next week, will post a TR and maybe a review if I have time.