Had a few problems trying to watch the Tri Nations on Sat. night and need some help on how to get streaming TV feeds (particularly sport) off the internet. I know there is AUstralian network which had it but you had to pay a subscription fee and have fibre optic web, was thinking more in the free bracket of things, being the tight walleted bugger I am! Any of you in the know about this? Am using a mac if that makes a difference also.

Also tested internet speed with free test, and it came out as 123636.4 Kbps 15151.5 K bytes/sec Is that fast or slow, it`s wi-fi?

speedwise dude that is absolutely smoking!

I have never bothered with streaming, from what I have seen the technology is still primitive unless you pay mega bucks.

If you can wait 12hours, then download a high quality torrent of the game.

Quote:
Originally posted by snowglider:

I have never bothered with streaming, from what I have seen the technology is still primitive unless you pay mega bucks.
I've seen Premiership football on a one megabit stream of the Irish satellite sports channel Setanta. They must have put it out secretly as some kind of test, but it was picked out by some kind soul who then alerted the loads of cheapskates and freeloaders like myself \:D . The quality was like watching terrestrial tv, i.e., much better than the crappy cable tv you get in inaka, and theres no risk of falling off your roof while adjusting your dish, like the late Rod Hull and Emu. Its not going anymore, but the via China peer-to-peer streaming channels are all still going. They are definitely watchable and some have English commentaries. Go to freefootball.org if you're interested. Like the name says, its free.