I know a guy who ejected from a Harrier jet in the middle of the Indian ocean. The plane started going nuts shortly after he took off (vertically) He ejected while the plane was at 90 deg. If it was rolling the other way it would of spat him straight into the control tower of the ship! The Navy salvaged the plane from the bottom of the ocean and did a full autopsy on it. they found the cause of the whole thing was a dodgy split pin!

He said one of the''nozzles' failed and the thing went nuts, totally out of control. When he ejected he was not far off the water. His chute just opened and did one swing before he hit the water. He now has a perminent neck problem caused by the forces during ejection. Rad hey?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
I know a guy who ejected from a Harrier jet in the middle of the Indian ocean.
How did he fair from that injury wise? I heard ejecting can still be life threatening!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
He now has a perminent neck problem caused by the forces during ejection. Rad hey?
I think he was lucky alll up. He also old me his neck hurts when doing combat training, the helment is heavy and they pull multiple 'G's while swinging his head around looking for the enemy.