Another bizarre Japanese news piece...

How's this headline?

"Fearful of crime, Japanese parents opt for parks with security cameras and no-germ sand"

And this bit from the article.

"Mothers who arrive with strollers are asked to wipe the wheels with anti-bacterial soap. The park's big sand box uses sterilized sand."

lol.gif

Only in Japan eh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:

"Mothers who arrive with strollers are asked to wipe the wheels with anti-bacterial soap. The park's big sand box uses sterilized sand."
It's to prevent the spread of disease from ojisans piss thats everywhere in this country.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:

It's to prevent the spread of disease from ojisans piss thats everywhere in this country.

what, disenfected sandboxes? ;\) Hehe. I dunno about accpetable. Rather that people get away with it cos everyone turns a blind eye. Most people see it and say "ah gross", but that's about the extent of it.

and isn't apathy acceptance?

i once had to yell at a drunk jiji because he was about to piss in the middle of a bar. it was full of people and everyone else was content to let him do it and just pertend it wasn't happening. so in the end i looked bad in public for in all instensive purposes 'making a scene', but in doing so saved everyone else including the staff buy preventing them from looking like incapable fools. :rolleyes: