Anybody know if there is a skateboard equivalent to Snow Japan out there on the net somewhere? You know, like with a directory of skate spots/parks or whatever? An English-based forum like there is here would be cool, too.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an odd question. There's nowt wrong with Yamagata, so why not? I guess the city had some money to spend, so they built a facility to entertain the yoof of the area. It's a better use of money than many of the public works I've seen in Japan.

Nothing wrong with Yamagata, just a curious place to put the country's largest skate park, since it's kind of out of the way. Until they built it if you'd asked me where the biggest skate park in Japan was, I'd have guessed Tokyo or somewhere in Kansai.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have the park in Sagae--about an hour from my house.

If you want to talk about out-of-the-way parks, Singapore (whose sk8 popultion consists of 2 ex-pats, their kids, and the family dog) has built the world`s largest concrete monster.

Wierd, especially for asia, when 90% of the sk8ers i know go to the park just to session the box.