Sign of the times (oil and tremblor related)

Quote:
This represents a significant challenge to our current understanding of the universe and clearly such claims require independent validation from credible third parties. During 2005 Steorn embarked on a process of independent validation and approached a wide selection of academic institutions. The vast majority of these institutions refused to even look at the technology, however several did. Those who were prepared to complete testing have all confirmed our claims; however none will publicly go on record.

In early 2006 Steorn decided to seek validation from the scientific community in a more public forum, and as a result have published the challenge in The Economist. The company is seeking a jury of twelve qualified experimental physicists to define the tests required, the test centres to be used, monitor the analysis and then publish the results.

Steorn has decided to publish its challenge in The Economist because of the breadth of its readership. "We chose it over a purely scientific magazine simply because we want to make the general public aware that this process is about to commence and to generate public support, awareness, interest etc for what we are doing.
At first glance, it looks like a phishing trip to me. Maybe an attempt to discover the degree of magical thinking prevalent in the economic and scientific community and the public at large. For whatever reason.

But I await further evidence with interest.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have wasted a few hours reading their forum. What a frenzy. I had never heard of ilikebees.com before today (one might say I live under a rock. I do. It is a rock called living). Any way, something strange is taking place. Some one is playing a game of some sort.

• 5 weeks later...
 Quote:
BP will spend $3 billion to upgrade its oil refinery in northwest Indiana so it can process heavy Canadian crude oil, increasing its production of motor fuels at the site by up to 15 percent.
Imagine what else could be done with that R&D capital.