Does anyone know what the cheapest way to ship stuff is, from the UK to Japan? I'm not worried about how long it takes and need to have a few boxes sent. I checked out baggage express.com and the Post Office (incl. Parcelforce) and they are both pretty expensive even for surface mail.

Thanks \:\)

not from UK, but i generally have stuffed shipped surface via the postal service (not the band). it is still pretty expensive and hence i just end up looking to see if i can buy the equivalent here in japan.

Thanks daver, I usually do that too but my friend is sending over all her maternity and baby clothes so the cost of the postage is still cheaper than buying the clothes new in Japan. Surface mail from the US it loads cheaper than it is from the UK though and I was just thinking that there must be a cheaper way.

We did send our baby stuff through a regular mover. That was pretty cheap and we had 15 boxes to send. they told us that most containers (FTE) go back empty to Japan. So getting it on a ship shouldn't cost you too much.

we used nippon express. they gave us the boxes and picked them up a few days later. door to door service.

we paid about 800 pounds in total for seven 50x50cm boxes, which was cheaper than the other companies we got quotes form.