Friend just sent this on to me. Is it true?

------------

Magician David Blaine has announced plans to spend seven days submerged in a water-filled container in New York.

The illusionist, who spent 44 days in a glass box for a starvation stunt in London in 2003, will use lines giving nutrition and air to stay alive.

After one week, he will remove his air supply and attempt to break the world record for holding breath.

Blaine, 33, endured a 62-hour stint sealed in an ice block in New York's Times Square in 2003.

The magician will enter an 8ft (2.5m) high water-filled sphere on 1 May and remain submerged for a week.

Quote:
Originally posted by yoroshiku onegai shimasu:
he will remove his air supply and attempt to break the world record for holding breath.

he will fail at that particular part of the stunt,
free divers and static divers practice their whole lives to attempt madness like that, the WR for static diving is betwees 6-7mins IIRC.

I have seen some of his tricks and illusions and I must admit the guy is very good at what he does, but you are right, is he bit of a knob!
  • 2 weeks later...

Illusionist David Blaine, who is spending seven-days submerged in a water-filled sphere, is to receive medical treatment.

Blaine's spokesman Pat Smith said the 33-year-old's peeling skin and overall condition was worrying doctors.

But he added Blaine was "determined" to complete the "human aquarium" stunt at Lincoln Center in New York.

confused.gif