Shimba, Jared, and anyone else near Geto:

Are there any good places to stay near Geto besides Semi Onsen? I know Semi is good, especially the rotenburo, but they are usually full. We're planning on going down there this coming Saturday or Sunday and spending the night.

Also - have you been to Junes yet? It looks like it could be a lot of fun...thinking of going there the first day, then going to Geto the second day so the drive home isn't so bad...boarding at Geto for two days might be fun too though...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ray

I'll ask around for places to stay tomorrow as I have no idea having never looked for any before. There are a few more onsens withen 10 mins of Semi I just gotta get their names.

If you want to catch up will be there on Sat for most of the day but I have to leave a bit early to get to a work thing, around 2:30-3:00 and we're off to Hachimantai on Sunday.

Do you have snow shoes?

Hi Jared, Thanks for the help. I don't have snow shoes yet, but I can rent some. I planned on doing that anyway before forking out 36,000 yen to get some. I know plucky will be at Hachimantai on Sat/Sun too - maybe we can come to Geto on Sat, stay in Morioka on Sat night, and then go to Hachimantai on Sunday. FYI - If we do make it to HF on Sunday - I have this cool discount thing that lets me and 4 friends buy our lift tickets for only 2750 yen. We can chat more before the weekend - if for some reason I can't make it to the forrest on Sunday, but we meet up on Saturday - I'll let you use the discount passport and you can throw it in the mail to get it back to me...

Have you ever been to Jeunesu? Not sure of the spelling exactly - its on the west side of the mountains Geto is on. You take the expressway to 13, head south, then another road from there. It looks like it could be a lot of fun with the right conditions...

Anyway - I'll let you know what our final plans are...take care,

Ray

This is what I turned up

"About onsens…… how about せみ onsen? You can stay there. Also, do you know いりはた(入畑) 温泉 which is the nearest onsen at Geto, and みずかみ(水神) 温泉 which has two different りょかん? If you stay these onsens on the weekday, it cost 7,700 yen for one night which includes two meals and one day pass at Geto.

Cool! Thanks Jared. I'm thinking that maybe we'll come to Geto on Saturday, then spend the night in Morioka and go to the forrest on Sunday since you and Plucky will be there. That way Momo can come too and go to Juscos in Morioka while we're snowboarding on Sunday...I'll shoot you a PM on Friday after I finalize our plans...so, I should rent snowshoes for the trip to geto?

Thanks again Jared,

Ray

Jared,

Will you be boarding on Monday? Thinking about a slight change in plans where we stay home saturday cause we have a going away party to attend friday night, then go to the forrest on Sunday, spend the night in Morioka, then go to Geto on Monday. Turns out we don't have to work on Monday after all...

Still deciding though...