Lately I often find my online status when I try to log in the forum though I surely logged off before.

I always uncheck the "Remember me" which says "Check this box to remain logged in after your browser session ends" at the log in box though? - Does this check box works for us to show ourselves "offline" after we logged off by unchecking it , right? or am I wrong?

Might not be a big deal, but people may misunderstand that I ignore them when they PM me while the online status shows I am online even after I log off.

Does anyone else have the same phenomenon?

Gamera,

"Check this box to remain logged in after your browser session ends" , I believe this means that if you check this box- when you close your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla etc) you won't have to log in again when you come back at a later time, so it remembers you and you don't have to type in your details again.

• SnowJapan Moderator

sakebomb, yes that is correct... although if you have some cookie-deleting software on your machine it won't work unless you tell that software to "keep" the SJforums cookies.

gamera - your name may appear as being "online" a short while after you have finished using the forums - this functionality refreshes itself regularly, it's not always instant. Hope that helps a bit! \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by sakebomb:
Gamera,
"Check this box to remain logged in after your browser session ends" , I believe this means that if you check this box- when you close your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla etc) you won't have to log in again when you come back at a later time, so it remembers you and you don't have to type in your details again.
Yeah, Sakebomb I know that. My point is why my screen name is often still there when I try to log in again after logging off!? - it looks as if I were still in the forum but actually not.

Quote:
not always instant. Hope that helps a bit!
Then how long time does it show online at the most after one logs off if I can ask?

gamera, I think you'll find most people know that being displayed online is not the same as actually being there. And if they don't already know through not having played around on the Internet, they'll soon find out.

Hi gamera, it's not a fixed time but your name should be off the list fairly soon after you have logged off. You'll also notice sometimes that when you first login you don't instantly appear on the list - it takes a short while for you to appear up there. We have no control over the system as such and it's not 100% accurate at showing exactly who is online at any one time, there's some short delay involved - but generally it's not that far off what is happening. Hope that helps!