Do US Electronics Work in Japan?

Is anyone out there using North American electronic devices in Japan? Do they work? Do you need a frequency and/or voltage adaptor to plug it in the mains?

I'm interested in electronic devices that run on mains power like audio and dvd players, not just simple electrical goods like a hairdryer.

most things work in japan because the power is lower in japan.

the only problems i have ever had internationally was with tiny devices (hair dryers etc) from japan running in high voltage countries like UK. Bigger devices, especially if they have their own transformer seem to be ok.

The problem with this question is it varies from device to device and there is no 100% way of knowing unless you device has voltage info written on it.

I bought a voltage converter thing for £5 and its quite small. I use this for valuable devices like my 250gb external hard drive that I cannot risk blowing up.

But taking stuff to japan, i would say they will either work OK, or they will simply not run. I think there is no chance of them blowing up because the power is lower.

US and Japan are both on 110V and even have almost the same shaped wall plugs. Both country's electro goods are ok in the other country.

Side topic: Taking Japanese or US stuff into the UK is a hassle and you need voltage converters. I bought a big expensive mother of a converter that runs my rice cooker and kotatsu. They both require tons of watts so the converter is a biggy.