Yuzawa - A Place to stay for one person.

Hi Mates!

I am new to the forum and to the snowboard world. Just started 2 months ago but I am completely hooked.

I know I should have asked prior for my purchase but I bought myself a cheap beginners set, I was wondering if you think it was a good decision or I should have bought a more quality set from the beginning?

Anyhow, in the past two months I have been going nearly every weekend to snowboard and especially at Yuzawa as it is quite reachable from Tokyo (few times went with my colleagues with their cars but most of the time the shinkansen). I am planning to take two days off this week and would like to spend the night at Yuzawa to have 2 days of snowboarding. I will go during weekdays as I had enough from the packed parks during the weekend.

Now, I was browsing the Places To Stay section of the site, hunting for a decent place to spend the night at Yuzawa (probably Thbursday night) but I saw that most places offers only double rooms. Does someone knows a place that offers single rooms? Just for the record, I will go to Iwappara, so if it is near by iwappara that would be excellent.

Thanks in advance,

Ryo.

Hi there, welcome to the forums.

From my experience you did the right thing buying a cheap set for start.

You probably don’t know yet your riding stile, preferences etc, so you need something a bit better than rentals to get you going for the time being. When you have some experience you will probably find your self preferring one style more than the other, for example either freestyle or highspeed carving or BC freeriding etc. Then you should be probably buying something according to your needs. If you buy something expensive now and realize that it doesn’t fit your riding stile then your money went for nothing.

Concerning yuzawa, I just stayed up there by myself last weekend. If you can handle Japanese, you can book for 1 person really cheap from

here .

Next thing you should be probably cheeking is the site of Iwappara resort. Usually they have a list of places to stay near the slopes. You can ask a Japanese speaking friend to call some of the hotels/lodges etc directly and ask if you can book for 1 person.

Have fun up there wave.gif