I am just about to book a holiday there for January. I have settled on going to an area called teh Alpenarena. It includes the resort villages of Laax and Flims.

If anyone has any "christ man! dont go there!!" stories please tell me now.

By the way, as I am travelling without my girlfeind and dont care much for hangovers, I am aiming at staying away from the actual resorts. Infact, I plan to spend two weeks staying here:

http://www.nagens.ch/

This is a ski rental/eating/lift station etc facility near the top of one of the mountains. It also has a few public accomodation rooms..pretty basic but hey, I get to take my first ride each day BEFORE the lifts have even opened. 99% of people will be making their way to the gondala station with their hangovers at that time. Not me! I am the Yeti!!

(by the way, I am pretty excited... and very lucky that my employer needs me to spend 2 days in germany in january. Very cheap two weeks snow time me thinks, given I dont have to pay airfares).

Ocean11 - you're going to have to speed up your postings. At this rate all these new dudes ( wave.gif) are gonna catch you up and gunning for your crown before the end of the year! eek.gif

deebee - sorry don't know anything, but hope you have a good time!

Wow deebee that looks UNREAL!

ya lucky bugga!

i went to switzerland in 1997 we travelled around europe so i didnt get to it the mountains...

the chocolate man.... go there just for the chocolate!!! its the best chocolate in the whole entire world!

Do it ,.... just do it!

its a really beautiful place!

I've been there for one day only-it was awesome and it's pretty huge. Superfriendly for boarders-it was snowing when I was there so I found it difficult to get orientated. Has a section of lifts named Crap and I had a drink at the Crap bar at the end of the day waiting for my bus back to Zurich. Depite the funny names it is far from crap IMO. You'll love it.