Just thought I'd get this question sorted before the season starts....

If I want to make my stance width a bit narrower, what difference does it make if I bring in my front binding compared to my back binding?

What will the differences be on turning, jumping, speed etc? confused.gif

Any ideas, views?????

g`day albino. so ya wanna bring your front foot in a bit to narrow yar stance hey?

it will make a bit of diff. how much depends on a whole lot of things lyk weight, height, style....

but generally, it will be a little less forgiving in the turns bcos you`ll be more upright, not low-down and skanky. so make sure your in control of those edges.

jumping? tha landings might be a bit more sketchy bcos your not as stable. so on landing, make sure ya really bend those knees and absorb tha terrain.

speed? your speed should increase because your weight is no longer as `centered` as it was. i.e., tha more weight ya put toward tha tail of tha board, tha faster you`ll go.

all these things are dependant on the things mentioned earlier of course. but i`m always tellin peeps this: "experiment" you may even find it`s more suited to tha way you`re riding now.

Great article NoFakie.

Albino, I recommend taking a day to play with your stance. Set it up how you think you will like it and take two or three different runs, hitting some jumps, getting some speed, and maybe hitting a couple pow turns. Then stop and switch it up. There are almost infinite possibilities to your stance, but you may not be able to tell a huge difference between many of them. Ride what feels natural.

Thanks for the advice guys! Looks like I've got a busy time with toolkit!

I guess experimenting is the best way....just gotta wait til the season starts!! cool.gif

Agreed, Top Article No Fakie! Sorted some things out before I get out there.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!