am sure everyone appreciates the voluntary efforts put in by the Arai correspondent, however the reports are rather benign. Would that be because the season is yet to start so not much info can be given regarding the snow conditions?

Hi there

The resort here is not actually releasing actual data for the snow depths until the second week in December.

There are a variety of reasons for this.

I agree that the reports are perhaps rather benign at present. My thinking is that a little benignity may actually be welcomed by some?

Once the season gets going, the reports will take on a more factual tone.

Thank you very much

Blair.

WARNING - Frank Opinion Ahead! Not for those easily offended!

----------------------------------------------

I'm not quite sure what you gentlemen mean by 'benign'. The other Now! reports seem perfectly benign to me. But I can think of about four or five other words beginning with 'b' to describe the Arai reports.

The trouble is, they're completely irrelevant. The place is not going to open until everything at Arai is just so, and that will be on the 14th of next month which in snowboarding terms is a long time off.

The reports are made even more irrelevant by the fact that they're corporate sponsored guff. Making a secret out of snow depths is completely donkey-like behaviour and not what anybody wants, whatever variety of reasons the Management may have thought up.

If anybody actually wants some more of this 'benignity' let them put their hands up. I'm putting my hand up for some straightforward, factual reporting from an individual who happens to be on the spot. So how much snow is there at Arai?

----------------------------------------------

This post was brought to you by the letter 'B'.

The resorts over in that area are not open yet. There may be an argument for the page not to be started so early because of this, but some people find the info to be of interest (reflected in no. of page views). Once the season gets underway, we are hoping that the info will provide some good information that people will find useful if they are planning to go to the area.

The report is not in any way 'corporate sponsored', as are none of our other reports. That's not what our site is about. We are striving to provide our users with the best information that we can.

Yes, in the case of ARAI Now, they are written by somebody associated with the resort there - but the reports are not written BY the resort and also are not endorsed or checked by the resort. It is done under strict instructions to bring general information concerning weather and snow conditions in both ARAI and nearby area. We monitor, and will continue to monitor, the messages posted.

All reports are written by people who are "there" - whether that be Yuzawa, Niseko or Nozawa. We would love to be able to bring you Zao Now! and countless others, but do not because unfortunately right now we do not have any "correspondents" living there.

Getting back to the ARAI page - considering the number of page views that the page receives some readers seem to be interested, and visit on a daily basis. We are putting the effort into providing this information for those people who are interested.

While we accept that you may not be interested in the pages yourself for whatever reason, if you don't like the page or find it to be not useful, then please just don't read it.

Thanks.