HELP: To the one (or many) who knows Happo One inside out

Going for the first time to H-O. Would some extremely kind person enlighten me on the following:

1. I heard they implemented this snowboard test thing a while ago ... does it still hold true that you have to take a test before you can ride?

2. Will be going with some beginner friends. Do they have a good board school with Eng-speaking instructors? Can anyone recommend an instructor there?

3. I'll be staying quite near Hakuba station (apparently) and it'd be great to know where I might find some off snow entertainment - ie. dinner, drinks, arcade games, shopping etc. Someone mentioned a club in Hakuba ... anywhere else?

Huge thanks people!!! confused.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Weeel:
Going for the first time to H-O. Would some extremely kind person enlighten me on the following:

1. I heard they implemented this snowboard test thing a while ago ... does it still hold true that you have to take a test before you can ride?

2. Will be going with some beginner friends. Do they have a good board school with Eng-speaking instructors? Can anyone recommend an instructor there?

3. I'll be staying quite near Hakuba station (apparently) and it'd be great to know where I might find some off snow entertainment - ie. dinner, drinks, arcade games, shopping etc. Someone mentioned a club in Hakuba ... anywhere else?

Huge thanks people!!! confused.gif
Test? really well how about that! never heard of it sounds like absolute rubbish to me!!!

Snowboard school? sorry cant help you there

Happoguchi is the area around the station, not much there a few shops, supermarket, Ramen place, McDonalds and other restaurants. Some Bars are in the Happoone village area itself, one called Velvet. I only really stay in the echoland area, which is a wee way from Hakuba station. there used to be an awesome Bar, Snowdinn, but unfortuneately it is no more. apres Ski is pretty weak.
As for Lunch there is a nice little Thai restaurant at the bottom of Nakiyama Slope called Bankokya,