Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has info on Mt. Ibuki in Shiga? I'm looking to make this my first BC excursion here in Japan. I understand there is a defunct ski area on it and it seems to be a somewhat popular place for some turns. The rest of the upper mountain looks pretty steep and avalanche prone. Is there someone here with first hand experience on the mountain in winter? I have seen quite a few photos and it looks like the winter weather gets pretty intense up there. Also any info about any other mountain in the Kansai area would be appreciated. Thanks for any advice.

I think I've been to the bottom of the ski resort during winter vacation. My plan was to climb the mountain, but the road was closed so I drove around to the ski resort. I didn't even know it was shut down. From what I saw there might be some nice open former runs to ride down. If you pick the right day the weather shouldn't be an issue. The resort would definitely be safer than the top but if you go, still be careful. Good luck!