I posted a while back with little replies, thought Id try again-

is anyone out there skate-skiing (cross-country) in Japan?

Where? I brought my skiis but dont know where to go. They must have the wide, groomed trails here somewhere, no?

thanks,

Leslie

Hi Leslie, Well in Nagano you can go skiing at Snow Harp, which is the olympic course and quite hilly I hear. Last week I went to Kamikochi. The road in is closed in the winter but a lot of people go in to go hiking or snow shoeing. So I noticed that the road was basically hard packed snow and about 8 feet wide. I thought hmm I could probably skate here for about 20 km. But it is not a proper trail and if it was right after a snow it would not be good. Oh ya and a few years ago I went skiing on a golf course in Fukishima. It was groomed for skating but certainly not exciting. I wish I could remember where it was but a student drove me there.

Hope this helps.

Chris

I just bought a classic and skate package for xc-skiing. don't listen to the nay-sayers its good fun. I'm not sure where to go either, do your work for a school, if so do they have a ski team? I'm up in akita-ken so i'm looking for areas too.

Dave